Knowing our body is fundamental to our dance. In the next articles i will share the most important points of anatomy for us dancers. Stay tuned for the upcoming articles.
The skeleton forms the structure of the human body. It is composed of hard bone tissue and cartilage. It is formed by 206 bones, most of them are pairs.
- Support, be the frame of our body
- Movement, create levers moved by muscles
- Protection to vital organs
- Storage of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium passing the circulation of blood.
Our skeleton is divided into 2 parts: axial and appendicular. To understand it better, the axial skeleton are the bones that are in the central axis of the body; and the appendicular skeleton are all the bones that comes off the center and wich produce movement.
• Skull and jaw
• Vertebral column, has 26 bones
• Rib cage: 24 ribs and sternum
• Shoulder girdle is formed by clavicle, sternum and scapula.
• Upper limbs are humerus, ulna, radius, carpal bones, metacarpal and phalanges.
• Lower limbs are femur, tibia, fibula, patella, tarsal bones, metatarsals and phalanges.
• Pelvic girdle